125 College SEBuilt in: 1891
Style: English Manor House
Byrne/Hanchett House, Walking TourComments:
This outstanding adaptation of an English Manor House was built circa 1891 by Eva Byrne Brandt. It was acquired by Benjamin S. Hanchett in 1918. The slate tiled roof, five chimneys and stone window sills combine with the brick façade to present a feeling of permanence. One of the notable interior features of this house is the private chapel with its magnificent stained glass windows. The artisans who created this this masterpiece came from Italy especially to carve the wood and marble decorations.Past Owners:
Byrne Brandt, Eva - Original OwnerImages and Documents
To download an image or document, right click on it and choose Save As. To print the architectural cards without having to download the file, right click on the thumbnail and open it in a new browser window. Right click and choose print.