600 Cherry SE

Built in: 1888
Style: Queen Anne
Description:
Metz House - 1975 Tour, 1987 Tour, 1997 Tour, Walking Tour
Comments:
George Metz, a German immigrant who made his fortune in the tannery business. He later founded the Grand Rapids Leather co. and financed the construction of the Metz building in Grand Rapids. It was the first facility in Grand Rapids to house medical offices and remains today a monument to Metz's memory. William Robinson was the architect of this home.
Past Owners:
Metz, George W. and Mary - Original Owner
Shaw, Paul G. & Mary
Hooker, Robt. F. & Dorothy
Honanek, John J.
Nims, Jane S. & Clarke, J.
Lahiere, Julian and Laura
Images and Documents
To download an image or document, right click on it and choose Save As. To print the architectural cards without having to download the file, right click on the thumbnail and open it in a new browser window. Right click and choose print.