254 Fulton EBuilt in: 1860
Style: Italianate Villa
Sweet House - 1973 Tour, 1993 Tour, 2000 Tour, 2003 Tour, 2004 Tour, Walking TourComments:
The building that is now home to the Grand Rapids Women?s City Club was originally built for the Martin Sweet family in 1856. Mr. Sweet is best remembered for building Sweet's Hotel, formerly the Pantlind and now the Amway Grand Plaza. Sweet also served the city as a mayor. After becoming a music school, a boarding house and even standing empty for a short time, the Women?s City Club purchased it in 1924.Past Owners:
Sweet, Martin L. - Original OwnerImages and Documents
To download an image or document, right click on it and choose Save As. To print the architectural cards without having to download the file, right click on the thumbnail and open it in a new browser window. Right click and choose print.