563 Union SE

Built in: 1905
Style: Victorian Gothic
Description:
2004 Tour
Comments:
Built by William G. Logie in 1905. Mr. Logie started working as a clerk in the shoe manufacturing firm of Rindge, Kalmback, Logie Company. His father was one of the owners. The firm was the first manufacturers and jobbers of the shoe in Grand Rapids and among the very first to engage in the jobbing trade in the city. The firm began in July, 1864 and celebrated its 50th anniversary in 1914. By this time, young Logie was secretary of the company. He advanced from clerk, to traveling salesman, and at his father's death in 1912, he assumed the duties of managing the jobbing department.
Past Owners:
William G Logie
Images and Documents
To download an image or document, right click on it and choose Save As. To print the architectural cards without having to download the file, right click on the thumbnail and open it in a new browser window. Right click and choose print.