Let’s Clean It Up!
Neighbors, let’s get out in the neighborhood (in a Covid-safe manner) and make it sparkle like the gem that it is!
Saturday, June 20, HHA will host a neighborhood-wide clean-up event.
Only public areas (sidewalks, curbs, parkways, alleys, and parks) are included in this event.
- Create a team and adopt a block, street, alley or park where you have noticed litter.
- Teams can be up to 4 people, practicing social distancing. A co-habitating / family team can be more than 4 people.
- Teams are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- The City of Grand Rapids and HHA will provide trash bags and gloves.
- Neighbor businesses are donating temporary use of dumpsters in key locations though volunteers are also encouraged to use their personal trash bins if they have room.
- Your team may pick up litter any time during the day on Saturday, June 20th.
- When your section is done, please let HHA know how many bags you filled and if at all possible, take a team photo to share!
Is gardening more your thing? We are also partnering with the Pleasant Park Tenders – a team of volunteers who keep Pleasant Park beautiful throughout the growing season. Interested neighbors might instead choose to adopt an assigned plot within the Park to conduct some weeding and mulching activities on June 20. Mulch will be provided by the city.
Though our definition of “normal” has changed and we have had to cancel or postpone several neighborhood events, this will be a great way to get out, see neighbors at a safe distance, and have a bit of fun on a (hopefully sunny) summer Saturday.
Email or call the HHA office (see info below) for more information and to adopt your team’s section.
Looking forward to seeing you out there!
The Staff at HHA