Bookmarking this page will allow you to return directly to this property.
264 College SEBuilt in: 1889
Queen Anne - 1989 TourComments:
Built 100 years ago in 1889 by architect, George Waddell who also owned the lot to the north where the carriage house was located. This house is believed to be the oldest log structure and the only log house still standing in the city of Grand Rapids. Logs are tongue and groove, half log siding. The house originally had a porch which ran 3/4 of the way across the front with a swing at the end. It was very private with tall shrubs and an awning so the "girls could sit out in their nighties on hot summer nights". It was removed in the early 1940'sPast Owners:
Waddell/Leni, GeorgeImages and Documents
To download an image or document, right click on it and choose Save As. To print the architectural cards without having to download the file, right click on the thumbnail and open it in a new browser window. Right click and choose print.