Step up to the Heritage Hill Association Board of Directors – HHA Seeking 5 Board Candidates for Election at Annual Meeting
Per the Heritage Hill Association By-laws, five Board terms are open annually for election to the HHA Board. Board members are elected by the membership at the Holiday Potluck and Annual Meeting on December 4, 2018. (Save that date on your calendar). The Board terms are for 3 years that begin on January 1, 2019 and end December 31, 2021.
The absolute deadline for submitting your candidacy is November 3, 2018. This slate will appear along with a brief statement from each candidate in the November/December Herald. (The HHA Bylaws state that Board candidates need to submit their candidacy to the office 30 days before the annual meeting.)
To serve, Board members must be residents of the Heritage Hill neighborhood or be paid non-resident members. It is very helpful to have been somewhat active in Association activities, committees or neighborhood block clubs, but this is not a requirement to serve on the Board. The duties of Association Board members include:
- Monthly Board Meetings – the third Wednesday of the month – approximately 2 hours long – 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Chairing or active participation on a HHA committee – monthly or quarterly meetings. Some committees such as Tour demand more of a time commitment.
- Attendance at HHA sponsored events – i.e. Tour, fund-raising and social events.
- Actively representing your neighbors to the Board.
- Actively representing the Board to your neighbors.
The Board wants and needs active leadership in the organization and representation from the entire neighborhood. If that’s not enough, there are treats at all meetings! If you want to serve please call the Association office at 459-8950 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.